Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Family

Are you tired of hearing about Canada yet?
Well too bad!

Some of my earliest childhood memories are with Grandma and Grandpa in Canada. They would tell Brandon and I to pack our bags we were going on a trip. We would catch frogs (which we later found out were used for bait...ewwww), fish with Grandpa, and craft with Grandma. We always had so much fun.
Dad still tells us stories of Canada when they were kids. So over the years as I told you before it's evolved to a larger family affair. But it's all because of these two....

Gamma Helen and Papi Louie as my kids call them....

Over 50 years of marriage, 4 children, and too many grandchildren to count....
What was once just a little family vacation, a simple fishing trip to a remote area in canada.....
has now become a legend.
A family reunion of sorts...

( It's Grandma's birthday this week.... Happy birthday! )

I think my favorite part of the week is simply watching the joy in their eyes.

The love for their family.

That what was once their family vacation has become OUR family vacation.

Dinner times are the best. Grandma sits on the deck like a queen watching over her kingdom.... everyone eats and gathers round and then they scatter again.

Even Grandpa, a man of few words, smiles more often, laughs a little harder.

The joy in his eyes is priceless.

These are the moments I want for my family.

To have memories of family surrounding them, laughing and playing with them.

To create a legacy like Grandma and Grandpa have.

Thank you. I love you guys!

So today, I give thanks for family, for the laughter, the tears, and joy that we bring to each other.

I hope you can say the same for yours. Blessings on your day....

2 comments:

Kate said...

Beautiful pictures! (as always)

Laura said...

thanks!