Friday, July 11, 2008

Canada.

July has just flown by so far.... I can't believe it's that time already.

Every year the Szklany Clan (or Mafia) whichever you prefer, gathers in Westport, Ontario for a week of fishing, crafting, cooking, and family fun. All year we talk about "canada", what we should do for "canada". It's pretty cool really, what was a family tradation for my fathers family, has now trickled down to the rest of the clan. My kids have been talking about it for weeks now. It all starts with the trip to Bass Pro Shop. Where the gathering of supplies begins.
Then we talk food.
That deserves a line of its own for sure. EVERYone knows that szklany's love to eat.
And last but not least....packing, up late the night before, filling bins with food and duffels with clothes. Clothes are usually an afterthought. Just make sure the food and fishing supplies are packed.... Oh wait, a bin(or two) for crafting supplies.
This year I decided to rent a couple of lenses for my little camera love. So I rented a mac daddy... 135mm f/2.0 L series lens. Nothing to joke around about that's for sure.
LOVE IT!

Can I say it again.... LOve it! Now I've been touched by the L series.... I might just have to start saving.

So even though I was supposed to be gathering supplies, and packing clothes.... I've really been editing pictures and playing with my new toys.

I hope you all have a blessed week.... Hopefully I'll have lots of pics to show when we return, eh?

No comments: