Friday, August 15, 2008

Story of the day....

One day the kids and I were driving in the car, and Ellie was singing and dancing to the music. Matthew was getting all annoyed with her telling her that she was not allowed to sing. So I explained to him that Ellie liked to sing, that God put a song in her heart, and she was dancing to her music. I asked him what God put in his heart. He answered "golf, baseball, soccer, and golf, but no signing and dancing!"
Fast forward to tonight.
We are all attending a wedding tomorrow. My cousin Jordan is marrying the sweetest thing, Lauren.
Before bed tonight, Ryan asked Ellie if she would dance with him at the reception tomorrow. She said yes!
Matthew looks at me and says, "Not me mommy, I don't have dancing in my heart." I just smiled and hugged him tight, remembering the conversation we had earlier. When I asked him what was in his heart...."baseball mommy, baseball."

I just can't believe the things they remember some days. A little obscure conversation we had one day, just comes back later.

So today, I am grateful for the sweetness, for his love of the ball, for her love of the song.
May they never lose that love.
May they always find the things that make them happy.

Blessings on your day. Hopefully some pics of the wedding for you in the next couple days.

No comments: